Clearer Vision with Cataract Treatment in Loveland
Dr. Ken Van Amerongen of Van’s Eyecare wants to make you aware of this common and natural part of aging. Did you know that cataracts are the leading cause of blindness in the world? It’s true!
It’s a fact. In the U.S., nearly 70% of people over the age of 75 have cataracts or have undergone cataract surgery. Will you be one of the 70%? After a comprehensive eye exam, Dr. Van will tell you if a cataract is beginning to develop.
You might be wondering “what is a cataract?” A cataract is a clouding of the lens inside the eye that can affect one or both eyes resulting in reduced visual clarity. To keep your vision healthy and clear, it is important to get an annual comprehensive eye exam, especially if you are over the age of 55!
Certain lifestyles and genetics can play a factor in your risk of cataract development.
- Family history of cataracts
- Excessive exposure to sunlight
- High blood pressure
Thankfully, you can combat some of the risk factors! Here’s how:
- Wear UV-blocking sunglasses to avoid excess sunlight exposure.
- Eat a balanced diet with foods high in Vitamin C.
- Partake in a healthy and balanced lifestyle!
To determine whether you have a cataract, Dr. Van will review your medical history and symptoms, and perform an eye examination. He may conduct several tests, including:
- Visual acuity test: A visual acuity test uses an eye chart to measure how well you can read a series of letters. Using a chart or a viewing device with progressively smaller letters, your eye doctor determines if you have 20/20 vision or if your vision shows signs of impairment.
- Slit-lamp examination: A slit lamp allows your eye doctor to see the structures at the front of your eye under magnification. The microscope is called a slit lamp because it uses an intense line of light, a slit, to illuminate your cornea, iris, lens, and the space between your iris and cornea. The slit allows your doctor to view these structures in small sections, which makes it easier to detect cataracts or any other health concerns.
If you notice clouding in your eye and blurring in your vision, make an appointment for a comprehensive eye exam at Van’s Eyecare.
Cataract surgery is quick and nearly painless. The surgery can be done in around 30 minutes and is one of the most common surgeries performed in the United States. During the surgery, an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) will remove your natural lens and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL), this will significantly improve your blurred vision!
There is a very high success rate for this surgery, leaving patients with improved quality of life. The good news is that cataract surgery with basic lens replacement is often covered by Medicare and other insurance companies.
Cataract Eye Surgery Co-Management
Are you facing cataract eye surgery?
Dr. Van will give you an expert referral to the most appropriate surgeon for your unique situation when you use Cataract Eye Surgery Co-Management.
Dr. Van will perform a complete exam and pre-op tests that will show him which surgeon will give you the best outcome.
Then, after your surgery, Dr. Van will provide post-op care to assure that your eyes are healing well and that you get the best possible vision outcome.
Cataract Eye Surgery Co-Management combines the expert capabilities of the optometrist with the specialties of the surgeon.
Cataract Eye Surgery Co-Management is your best choice when facing cataract surgery. It will give you the best outcome.
- Your eyes & vision goals are unique.
- You will understand your medical choices.
- Dr. Van will prepare you well for the surgery.
- There is no additional cost for co-management.
To learn how Cataract Eye Surgery Co-Management can work for you, call Van’s Eyecare to arrange a FREE no-obligation consultation with Dr. Van.
Ultimately, cataracts are natural and very common! It’s important to keep your eyes healthy and vision clear for the best possible quality of life, and your Loveland eye doctor can help. Book an appointment with Dr. Van at Van’s Eyecare today, so you can ensure you’re seeing your best!
Dr. Kenneth Van Amerongen, (970) 667-5508
1207 W Eisenhower Blvd, Loveland, CO 80537